AN adult and two children were rescued from a property in Chard after a late-night fire. 

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue engines were called to Reed Close at around 11.25pm last night (Sunday, September 10) to reports of a fire. 

Two engines from Chard and one from Ilminster attended the scene. 

On arrival crews got to work to rescue the adult and children trapped inside. 

All three were checked over a precaution by ambulance personnel but it was not necessary to take them to hospital. 

The fire involved unattended cooking that was left on the oven. The damage was confined to the pan and food that was being cooked.