Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting YEOVIL NEWS to 80360 or email us
In this week's Chard and Ilminster News ...
10:00am Wednesday 1st August 2012 in News
THIS week's Chard and Ilminster News is out now, with 56 pages featuring all the top stories in South Somerset. The August 1, 2012, edition includes all these stories and more:
• The latest on the police appeal following a race attack in Chard last week.
• How South Somerset has marked the opening of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
• Chard youngster Logan McKerrow is invited to Downing Street and meets with David Beckham following the success of his paper version of the Olympic Torch, which has gone on a relay across the UK, raising funds for Hearing Dogs for Deaf Children.
• A villager from Donyatt hitting back at the loss of public transport in the area.
• An Ilminster couple who have resorted to moving their vehicle every hour to avoid the newly-enforced parking restrictions in the area.
• MP David Laws writes to a Government minister to call for extra funding to boost the centre of Chard after the town again misses out on Portas Pilot cash.
• Combe St Nicholas photographer Hays Lynch lands another ban from social networking site Facebook after the posting of another cheeky photo involving bare bottom photos of a host of willing volunteers.
• A four page souvenir pull-out of the Cricket Baker Cup Final, which saw Ilminster defeat arch rivals Chard.
• Around the area in 10 stories.
• The latest village news from around South Somerset.
• YOUR letters in Postbag.
• The stories that hit the headlines in the News in years gone by - in Looking Back.
• A round-up of all the sporting action across South Somerset.
Comments are closed on this article.