Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting YEOVIL NEWS to 80360 or email us
Watch those chip pans!
2:08pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 in Yeovil
THE Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is urging people to take care when they indulge in one of the nation’s favourite foods – chips!
Leaving a chip pan unattended for any length of time can have disastrous results as the oil can easily overheat and ignite.
A Fire Service spokesman said: “A simple switch from the pan to the oven or a temperature controlled deep-fat fryer can help prevent the worst.”