YEOVIL Town remain bottom of the SkyBet Championship after a 3-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest on Sunday.

Kieffer Moore headed the Glovers level on 25 minutes after Byron Webster's own goal had given Forest the lead - but Simon Cox restored the host's lead with a side footed finish seven minutes before the break.

And Forest sealed the points in injury time when debutant Rafik Djebbour prodded home from close range.

Yeovil manager Gary Johnson was left to rue his side's slow start, but insists they haven't given up hope of avoiding the drop. He said: “We didn't start very well - we gave them two goals even though we got our goal in between. At 2-1, I felt we were in the game for the whole second half, we passed the ball better and we did cause them a problem and their crowd was getting a bit nervous.

“We're all a bit disappointed but our lads are trying and doing their best, but we're just a little short when it comes to the top.

“I'm disappointed but we mustn't be devastated, otherwise we'll drag everyone down and everybody will think that we've given up - we're far, far from giving anything up, in fact there's certain parts of our game today that made me feel that we've got a really good chance.”

Forest took an early lead when Byron Webster turned Jamie Paterson's shot into his own net, but Kieffer Moore rose highest to head home an equaliser from Jamie McAllister's cross just nine minutes later.

High-flying Forest retook the lead on 38 minutes when Simon Cox converted Jamie Mackie's low cross from four yards out.

Marek Stech was called upon to keep out Henri Lansbury's low drive, before Paterson struck the woodwork with a curling effort.

With Yeovil on top and pushing for an equaliser, Rafik Djebbour condemned the Glovers to their fifth league defeat in six games when he nudged the ball over the line following a goalmouth scramble.

Yeovil are now six points from safety and welcome Leeds to Huish Park next Saturday (February 8) - the game kicks off at the earlier time of 12.15pm.

## YEOVIL Town agreed an undisclosed fee with Millwall for the transfer of midfielder Ed Upson on January 31.The 24-year-old joins the East-London club for a fee believed to be in the region of £100,000 and has signed a two and a half year deal. Ed joined the Glovers in 2010 from Ipswich Town and made a total of 149 appearances scoring 17 goals.