YEOVIL Town held on to gain a valuable point at play-off chasing Reading on Saturday, despite having three players sent off in the second-half.

The Glovers finished the game with just eight players after Byron Webster, Joe Ralls and Kieffer Moore all saw red after the interval.

Yeovil took the lead against the run of play when Shane Duffy headed home Luke Ayling's free-kick - but Reading equalised on 68 minutes as Lundstram knocked the ball into his own net, after Adam Le Fondre's spot kick had been saved by Marek Stech three minutes earlier.

Manager Gary Johnson had no complaints about the red cards and said his players fought 'lie Trojans.'

He said: “Of course you're pleased with a point when you have three sending offs and you've got to play half hour, twenty minutes and seven minutes added on at the end with eight men on the pitch.

“We've got to take the positives and it's a fantastic point given all the other results and supporters were fantastic, they knew we weren't going to up into their half much with eight men but every ball we cleared they cheered and it gave the lads more energy.

“We are looking solid and we are looking like everybody is giving it a good go - none more so than the eight left out there. We've got no worries with the decisions made there.

“The lads were like Trojans out there throwing themselves in front of everything.”

Shane Duffy prevented an almost certain Reading goal in the seventh minute when he cut out Robson-Kanu's cross, with Le Fondre ready to pounce at the far post.

Despite early Reading pressure, Yeovil took the lead on 20 minutes when Shane Duffy rose above 'keeper Alex McCarthy to nod the ball into an empty net. Marek Stech saved well from McCleary on the stroke of half-time, but the Glovers held on to the break. The visitors were dealt a blow on 65 minutes when Webster brought down Drenthe in the penalty area.

The defender was dismissed but Stech was equal to Le Fondre's penalty kick as he saved well down to his right. But the hosts soon grabbed an equaliser as Lundstram's attempt at a clearance trickled over the line with Yeovil failing to clear their lines.

Just minutes later Town were reduced to nine men when referee Mathieson showed Ralls a straight red for a high foot on Drenthe. Stech was forced into a number of impressive saves as the nine-men struggled to deal with the Reading onslaught. With two minutes on the clock, Moore picked up his second yellow card for a mistimed tackle and the Glovers were left with just eight men on the field. The fourth official signalled seven minutes of added on time and despite the home side having two late corners Town held on to gain what could be a valuable point.