YEOVIL Town extended their unbeaten run to five matches after Ishmael Miller's double fired the Glovers to a 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Huish Park.

The hosts dominated proceedings in the first half and took the lead four minutes before the break when Nottingham Forest loanee Miller made no mistake from close range.

Gary Johnson's side doubled their lead shortly after the restart when Miller notched his second of the afternoon with a terrific solo effort.

Defeat ends Sheffield Wednesday's nine-game unbeaten run away from home, whilst victory sees Yeovil now in the bottom three on goal difference.

In an opening ten minutes where neither side took control of proceedings the Owls did manage to sting the palms of Marek Stech, with Jacques Maghoma's effort from a tight angle forcing a save from the Czech stopper.

The hosts responded well, however, as Tom Lawrence flashed an effort narrowly wide from the edge of the box before Ishmael Miller had the ball in the net, only to be denied by the offside flag with 11 minutes on the clock.

Possession generally resided with Yeovil for the remainder of the half with Sheffield Wednesday restricted to long range efforts from Leon Best and Giles Coke, which failed to trouble Stech.

Just past the half hour mark the Glovers drew their first meaningful save out of Damian Martinez as Duane Holmes squeezed a shot through a busy penalty area to test the Wednesday keeper, but an opening goal was soon to follow.

Manchester United loanee Lawrence couldn't control a fizzing ball in the box but inadvertently managed to divert the ball into the path of Miller who emphatically fired past the helpless Martinez from six yards, to score his sixth goal of the season just before the break.

Despite the half time whistle the Glovers momentum wasn't to be halted as Gary Johnson's side doubled their lead six minutes after the restart.

The mercurial Miller latched on to a through ball down the right flank before cutting in and firing a swirling effort into the top corner from 18 yards, sending the Huish Park crowd into raptures.

In a bid to salvage their impressive unbeaten run away from home Stuart Gray introduced the attacking trio of Atdhe Nuhiu, Jermaine Johnson and Benik Afobe, but the Owls struggled to find a way past the resolute Yeovil defence.

The visitors' afternoon proceeded to get worse when Sam Hutchinson received a second yellow in quick succession for a high elbow on Adam Morgan, as Wednesday finished the match with 10 men.

Accompanied by their numerical advantage Yeovil saw out the remainder of the game to extend their unbeaten run to five and continue their bid for survival in the SkyBet Championship.